Wednesday, March 25, 2009

3/25

Still in the mood to just draw something fun, I did a sketch the other night of something a little more strange compared to some of my more recent works. I liked the sketch a lot and almost decided against doing a painting and just keeping it all pencil, but I like color too much and of course decided to do so. Here is the sketch along with the finished piece.

I haven't had much practice with acrylics before so I wasn't too confident going into this one, but I think it turned out well in the end. I have been in the mood to draw/paint a lot lately and I am trying to take advantage of it while I can, but I have a lot to do at the moment and it isn't so easy right now. Other than this, I have been drawing/painting daily, I am trying to finish up three more commissioned paintings by this weekend. These are of trucks/cranes though for my uncles company. It's not a hard thing to draw and paint but it just isn't much fun and as a result the lack of motivation and enthusiasm sometimes makes me careless with them. I will most likely post pictures of them soon just because. Here is a progress picture I took of my last one.


No comments: