Sunday, January 11, 2009

Toys

I did a pen drawing awhile back of an old ragged teddy bear standing under a down pour of water and later when I was new to watercolors tried to re-produce it but I wasn't too happy with the product. So in English class during final paper presentations last month I re-drew the bear again and decided to revisit the idea and reproduce it with my bottled inks that I have had fun with recently. I then decided to do 3 total paintings of abandoned toys. The sketches turned out well and I feel had more energy and feeling to them than the finished paintings did. Overall though they were fun to do and I was happy with the results even though they were not as lonely feeling as I had wanted them to be since the ink is so vibrant and fun :) Here are the sketches along with the finished pictures, Click on them to see them larger, they look better.










The new semester starts tomorrow but since I am unemployed right now I hope to still have time to draw and paint some more. Some of it may be of trucks and cranes though since I get paid to do so for an uncle and I will need cash for rent!

No comments: