Saturday, April 18, 2009

Looking towards the future

Wanting to paint something more realistic with my acrylics I decided about a month ago to do a self portrait. I wanted the figure to have a blind fold over the eyes though because doing a regular one sounded kind of boring to me. So I took some reference pictures and such and started painting. I was happy with the way it came out, having wanted it to be real clean and smooth but at the same time it was kind of boring too. I put it aside and moved on after that until last night. Having a bit of a break after a long week of stress and sketching and painting I wanted to just do something fun or messy I guess. So I dragged the portrait picture out and decided to get messy. I still preserved a lot of the portrait style but splashed a lot of whites off the blind fold and dripped the shadows down to eliminate the shoulders and all along with some other small details. This is a lot different than anything else I have really ever done and I was really excited as it was all kind of evolving. Anyways, here is the picture :)




No comments: