Thursday, April 16, 2009

So I came across a bulletin from a record label that supports a couple of my favorite bands that was asking for merch designers. I wouldn't say that I am much of a merch designer but I thought up a couple of cool things that I thought followed the style of the music the bands created and would look somewhat interesting on a shirt or hoodie or whatever it was needed for. I submitted 9 different images in all, with a couple variations for each. Some of the images were older paintings or drawings that I did that fit just fine but I did do 5 total new drawings and paintings. I originally planned on just drawing them up in pen and then adding color in photoshop but after doing so I just didn't like the way it looked and I thought I would like them better painted. So I did so. Since I didn't intend on painting on sketchbook paper, I didn't paint them the way I normally would have if it had been on watercolor paper instead. Anyways, here are 4 of the new drawings I did. I like a couple of them a lot and may redo them on better paper and expand on the image some more, but I tried to keep it fairly simple since they are for merch. If any get accepted, I will post up the final images after editing :)











This was a sketch I had been working on before I started with the other designs. The meaning for the image is not visible yet until I finish it and paint it when I get a chance to. I have another one similar in subject that may go with it also. sorry for the bad picture.


No comments: