Monday, July 27, 2009

hello

I have been lazy for some time now so I haven't been very creative as of lately. I have been sketching and such on a regular basis though but haven't been doing anything too serious or exciting. I do this sometimes, where I kind of walk away from painting and drawing for awhile because sometimes it starts to feel like work and it isn't fun at the time. Anyways, I started a sketch that I found fairly interesting and fun and the way it evolved was pretty crazy. It was supposed to be very simple and subtle but I guess my imagination took over. The original idea was just a young girl with a kite flyying above in a dreary sky with a single rain cloud hovering over only the girl. I had a lot of fun though and the meaning and ideas changed completely. Here is the drawing along with the finished painting. Hopefully this will spark some inspiration for some future works.

No comments: